Saturday, February 9, 2019

Daddy-Daughter Dance

This was Samantha's last year to attend the Daddy-Daughter Dance at the elementary school and she was eager to pick out the "perfect dress."  In the past, we have gone shopping and looked at options and eventually chosen one that is her favorite among the group.

But this year, she had exacting ideas about what she was looking for -- black, long, sparkly and maybe some tulle.  And of course, in her size.

Sure.

I decided that if we were going to try to meet these expectations, it would be best to shop online.

Armed with a warm cup of tea and an open mind, we set to work one snowy afternoon.  At some point, I think that I had no less than about 14 internet browsers open.    We finally found one that met all of the expectations ... and was reasonably priced.

The excitement in her voice as she called her friends and sent pictures to Grammy was worth it.  Every last minute.  And when it arrived on our doorstep two days later with shoes that fit perfectly ... well, I said a silent prayer to the Man Above and then mentally calculated how many years I have until we are shopping for a prom dress.

Without further ado -- my two, beautiful girls all ready for the dance:



Both are wearing "heels" and "dangle" earrings.  And lipstick. 

And Samantha looks like she's 15. 

They both had the best time at the dance with Steve!   And soon, it will be my turn to begin taking the boys to their dance.  I'm looking forward to it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...