Monday, February 25, 2019

More Penguins!

Sophia celebrated her birthday again with her friends the following weekend.  I moved the party time to 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm this year (instead of the usual lunchtime) and it made it seem more grown-up and special.  It also worked out nicely because it gave me more time to set-up and allowed Jimmy to have a nice nap beforehand.

All set up for the guests:




Jack helped me make these penguins out of a clearanced puff-ball (I had everything else in my craft closet):




And how cute are these penguin cups?  Black cups, some google eyes and cardstock paper.  As a side note, I jokingly told Steve that if I moved to an isolated item and could only take ONE thing, I would likely take my glue gun.  I use it for EVERYTHING.

And his response?  "Well, that would be great ... if you had a generator for power ..."  Yup, of course.




For the dessert table, I used waffle bowls (the girls were in awe over the fact that they could actually eat their bowls) and put a piece of cake inside.  A scoop of ice cream later and they looked like real icebergs.




The guests began the party by making bracelets with beads and a clay penguin charm that I had made and baked ahead of time.




We played a dice game where the girls rolled a number and each number corresponded to a part of the penguin that they could glue on (wing, belly, foot, eye, nose, etc). 



Almost done with her penguin:



And then afterwards, the girls glued them onto their favor bags.  I LOVE how everyone personalized theirs and made them a little different.



After their dinner, the girls made penguin ornaments.  I couldn't be more pleased with how these turned out.  I filled plastic ornaments (left over from a Christmas craft) with small foam balls and glued the wings and feet on ahead of time.  The girls then chose their eyes, scarf ribbon, cut out a nose and made the cutest hanging (or sitting) ornament.






Each of the guests received a pair of warm, fuzzy penguin socks and a key chain with their name on it.  Later, I saw that many of the girls put the key chains on their book bags for school!




Blue Hawaiian Punch in an "ice bowl" surrounded by snowflake lights!



And jello with penguins "fishing:"



 Sophia received so many nice gifts from her friends and I couldn't be more pleased with her small, close group of friends.




Her friends know that she LOVES unicorns.



And the color, pink.  And accessories.




Happy birthday to my 8-year old birthday girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...