Saturday, February 16, 2019

Valentine's Day 2019

The kids made an early decision this year regarding their Valentine cards for their friends and it was pretty stream-lined.  Jack was insistent on doing dinosaur eggs that "hatch" in water, just like he did two years ago.  Easy, peasy -- I used a free printable from online that was already saved on my computer and orders a box of the eggs.  We cut out the cards and Jack signed his name before stuffing the eggs and a small note with directions on it inside a cellophane bag (I keep lots of these in my craft closet).



This ritualistic task is something that Jack thrives on; write, stuff, staple, repeat.



All ready to go ... 24 of them for all of his friends.



I was inspired by some adorable (and very reasonably priced!) unicorn bracelets that I found online.  They were adorable for the girls to give to their female friends and the card that they came on was perfect to simply sign their names on.







And then for the remaining boys in their classrooms, I printed a piece of paper that read "Cupid's toots" and they slipped it inside a cellophane bag with noise putty (known for making farting noises).  It was a big hit!




On Valentine's Day morning, the kids woke up to find new sheets for their beds (such fun patterns!), a box of candy and cinnamon rolls with red sprinkles.



And a quick picture of my growing babies before they headed off to school to get filled up with lots and lots of sugar!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...