Monday, April 22, 2019

Coloring Easter Eggs


As is our tradition, we colored Easter eggs (4 dozen of them!) the day before Easter by setting up a table in the back family room, covered with a disposable tablecloth.  This is the BEST method ever, as the clean-up is minimal.  We even included our neighbor in on the fun with us.

This year, we added something new into the mix where we let the kids use sponges to decorate some of their eggs, if they wanted to.  Of course, the girls were ALL ABOUT THAT IDEA.




I suggested that Sam try making a flower on one of her eggs and I was so impressed with how well it turned out!



Sophia began with some traditional coloring, but was patient and suspended her eggs for a short time so that she could make a stripe pattern on some of them.



I started out helping Jimmy (worried that he would be a tad too aggressive with the fragile eggs) ...



... but soon learned that he didn't need my help at all.  He totally understood the concept and never broke a single egg.  Let the record show that the one person that did break an egg was my oldest, Samantha.  Ha!



As much as Jack is a complete 'rough and tough, outdoors kind of boy,' he is just as much a 'gentle, careful, crafting-loving boy.'  I just love that about him.



Oooohhh -- but note: I once told him that I love how much he loves to "CRAFT," and he was very quick to correct me and refer to it as "DOING PROJECTS."  Apparently, crafting is not a 'manly enough' phrase.


And a group shot of our egg colors that morning, showing off their masterpieces for the camera:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...