Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Father's Day 2019

Each year, I ask Steve how he would like to celebrate his 'special day,' and his answer seems to always be the same.  He really doesn't need anything and doesn't care much about going out to eat (I love to though!); he would just rather keep things simple.

So ... I had the idea to pick out a few of his favorite things -- letting the kids weigh in with ideas -- and then we wrapped them up and set them on the table.  We filled in with some special messages and let him open everything after a homemade breakfast.



The kids took turns handing him their chosen items and I am not sure who smiled more, Steve or them.  It was the perfect idea!

Samantha gave him a super-soft tee-shirt that said, "Batman" on it to match his Superman one.  And she wrapped up a big bag of his favorite wintergreen mints.  She also filled out this questionaire, earning a few laughs along the way.




Sophia remembered that her dad loves coffee, so we picked up a big box of k-cups for his coffee maker and a bottle of his favorite Irish Cream.  She filled out her own questionaire, but I suspect that she borrowed a few ideas from her sister :)



Jack chose to gift his dad with some peanuts in their shells (Steve loves these!) and some Big Red gum -- his own idea and completely "spot-on."  Then, he worked diligently on this workbook for Steve, with this page being one of my absolute favorites ...

"My dad really likes hot sauce."

"My dad really doesn't like poop."

(I don't know if I have stopped laughing ... yet!).




Jimmy gave Steve a big container of "spicy bar nut mix," and I gave him a small keg of Oberon beer.  Yup, we know him really well!

And then a picture of one of our favorite dads and his crew:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...