Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Valentine's Day 2021

The day before Valentine's, my sister came over with the kids and we planned a special day of cookie decorating, heart-shaped pizza and a fun drink.  The kids played until their "hearts were content" (pun intended!) and their bellies were full.

I baked the cookies the day before so that they were nice and cool and my sister brought frosting.  Of course, there were lots of sprinkles in my cupboard and the cookies were well-adorned!



Jimmy took his time and decorated exactly one cookie before he declared that it was time to "taste-test."




I'm *pretty sure* that Jack had already tasted one himself, based on his RED lips, by the time I took this picture.



Some of the creations.  Lots of sugar and a lots of love went into these.


The kids loved the pizzas -- homemade pizza dough shaped into hearts and covered with pepperoni that I cut into hearts, as well.  The leftover pepperoni scraps were quickly devoured by the boys so there was no waste.  


Ready to be baked into gooey perfection:


And for the Hawaiian pizza lovers in our group, we covered one side with pineapple and bacon.


********************

The next morning -- on Valentine's Day -- the kids woke up to a table decorated for the holiday.  Because it was Sunday, we had a leisurely morning with our usual holiday cinnamon rolls and a little package of candy for my sweethearts.  Steve even took me into town for a quick lunch while Sam stayed home with the kids (a real perk to having older kids now).



The flowers were a beautiful surprise from my sister the day before and certainly helped to brighten up the table.  These smiles did too!


********************


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...