Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Sophia and Jimmy's Combined Family Jungle Party

The very next day, we celebrated our 6-year old and 11-year old with family.  I left a lot of the decorations up -- making a few modifications -- and added a special birthday cake onto the dessert table.  The menu consisted of burgers/hot dogs, mac & cheese, fruit, veggies and punch.  It was a definite success!




Sophia now has the painted "11" in her room:



And Jimmy has the "6" displayed in his room:


To be honest, I had a general idea in my mind on what I was going to design the cake to look like ... but I wasn't 100% decided.  In the end, I really like how it turned out.  The birthday kids chose the specific animals to put on it/around it and I embellished with homemade fondant leaves and grass to give it a jungle vibe.  The animal candles completed the look.



I know that one day these kiddos will ask to celebrate their birthdays separately, but I love how willing they are to share them now.  Happy birthday to my February, blue-eyed babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...