Monday, April 18, 2022

Easter Egg Coloring - 2022

This year, I chuckled to myself admitting that I hope that even when the kids are grown and in college, that they still come home each holiday to continue our family traditions: like Christmas cookie decorating and Easter Egg coloring.  I have the set-up down to a science; the clean-up is a breeze and I absolutely LOVE seeing their creativity and how it changes each year.

A plastic tablecloth is key and I always make sure to hard-boil a full dozen eggs for each kid -- that way no one argues that they had more to color than someone else.



Blue is Jimmy's favorite color, so of course, that was the one that he chose to start with.



Oh, and orange is Jack's favorite color!



Sam made this tie-dyed tee-shirt many years ago and it is one of her favorites.  I told her that it will be time to officially "retire" it soon.  Although -- it does make a great shirt choice is you are coloring eggs and are worried about getting some on your clothes!



Sophia is very meticulous and thoughtful in her designs.  In fact, she is almost always the last one to finish her 12 assigned eggs.



Steve is always in charge of mixing the dyes (using my grandma's old tea cup set):



Making the perfect "blend:"



We tried using a wax crayon on a few of the eggs, and while none of them broke, the technique really didn't work out that well for us.  



Creativity at work!



Some of the final masterpieces:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...