Saturday, November 7, 2009

Samantha's First Tooth Brushing

I decided to try brushing Samantha's teeth the other day. After much reading, it was suggested that an infant's teeth (and gums) be brushed on a regular basis because of the natural sugars that are in milk and solid foods. I bought Samantha her own little infant toothbrush and Elmo toothpaste (apple flavored) and decided to give it a try. She officially has 6 teeth now (2 on the bottom and 4 on top) and I am convinced that more are trying to come in just based on her behavior this last week.

I would have to say that the toothbrushing was a success. She allowed me to brush her teeth and gums and then she had some water to rinse/swallow the little toothpaste residue. I imagine that it felt good because of the new teeth that most likely are trying to come in. I am hoping that by beginning good hygiene habits now, that she will continue to follow through with them as a toddler and beyond. Here are some pictures of her with her new toothbrush and toothpaste:


Very interested in the toothbrush and Elmo paste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...