Monday, December 21, 2009

"Samantha-Proofing" the Kitchen Cabinets

Samantha has not bothered too much with the cabinets in the kitchen until this week. After putting away my bowls MANY times in the last few days, I finally told Steve that it was time to "Samantha-Proof" the kitchen cabinets.

After getting all of Mommy's bowls out, Sam loves to play with them

This was the first time that Sam ventured into the kitchen to open the cabinets (not knowing that Steve had already put latches on them)

After struggling with the cabinet, she started to become upset that she couldn't get in there


But, she took time afterwards for a quick smile for Mommy!

She still tries to get in the cabinets (in fact, there are two that Steve hasn't had time to get to yet and she definitely knows which two those are). I feel better knowing that most of the cabinets are now child-proof, though many times I have forgotten and tried to open the cabinets quickly ... to no avail, of course. I'm sure that it will become habit for me to open the latch first, but in the meantime, I still have to remind myself.


1 comment:

  1. I just let the kids play with the bowls...Bradlee gets the pots and pans out and I hand him the wooden spoons to play!! :) Happy Holidays, Monique!

    ReplyDelete

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...