Tuesday, January 19, 2010

14 Months Old!

Samantha is 14 months old today! It seems like the time has flown by and that she has grown so much, both physically and developmentally. Every day, there continues to be more and more milestones ... especially now that she is beginning to "chatter" and has started taking more risks when it comes to climbing and walking by herself. She will stand in one location for a short period of time, just balancing, and has attempted on more than occasion to then take a step. She is still a little shaky, but I predict that she will begin walking by herself in the next few weeks.

She loves to look at books (Steve and I get such a kick out of watching the sheer concentration that she has when studying each of the pages). She also loves to hide things -- toys, balls, puzzle pieces -- inside other toys. I've since given up trying to locate any missing puzzle pieces. She definitely keeps me busy; just when I think that I have "child-proofed" a certain area, she finds a way to prove me wrong. I've learned that it's often a bad sign when things get too quiet around here. That means that it's time to locate the little rascal and she is likely getting into something that she shouldn't be. Among all of the chaos though, we have a beautiful little girl that makes us laugh and smile and are so proud to be her parents!

A flash of the past:

Taken this time last year (Sam was 2 months old -- and so skinny!)


Taken today (Sam is 14 months old and a lot chubbier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...