Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun With Letters!

I have a magnet on my dishwasher that has been so useful to me. When the dishes are dirty, I keep the magnet flipped up to indicate "dirty," and when the dishes are clean, I flip the magnet to indicate "clean." For so long, I have always known if the dishes are clean or dirty by simply looking at the magnet. About a week ago, Sam discovered this magnet and makes it her personal mission to remove the magnet about 100 times a day. Now, I must rely entirely on memory (or opening the dishwasher) to know the status of the dishes. You can see the cute magnet below:

Today I went to the store and purchased some letter (and number) magnets for Sam that we could put on the dishwasher and refrigerator for her. Needless to day, she is very excited about them. The only thing is that she is MORE INTERESTED today in only pulling them off the applicances ... and not putting them back on. So, I have been maneuvering around them on my kitchen floor all morning. Soon she will "get the hang of it," and it will be even more fun for her.


Her first attempt with the new letters


Of course, we always have to try anything new out by using our mouth!


Smiling for Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...