Thursday, January 7, 2010

Babbling Beauty

Over the course of the last week, Samantha has really started babbling a lot. Until today, most of her babbling has consisted of "baa-baa-baa" and "da-da-da." Of course this thrills Steve to the bone because he encourages her to say da-da. I have been working with her to say "mama" (which simply means that I say "mama" all day long and in response to each and every one of her "da-da" babbles). Today, when I went to get her from her crib after her morning nap, I was greeted with the "ma-ma-ma" babbles! Oh, so exciting!

I obviously do not consider any of these to be her first words because she is ... as I have referred to it many times in this post ... just babbling. She isn't making a definitive connection to any of her babbles and the actual noun. But nonetheless, it is still so exciting to here her experiment with her voice. She loves to mimic any sounds that you make -- including coughing. It's so much fun ...

In mid-babble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...