Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blueberries, Anyone?

I was reaching into the refrigerator this morning and I accidentally knocked a carton of blueberries out onto the kitchen floor. Blueberries went EVERYWHERE! I scrambled to the floor and immediately started scooping up the berries by the handful. Since Samantha is never too far away from Mommy at any given time, I knew that it would be a few short milliseconds before she started squashing them and getting them (and their stains) everywhere.

Sure enough, in the blink of an eye, she rounded the corner and was in heaven as she started visualizing the mess on the kitchen floor. Before I could stop her, she grabbed one and tasted it. Yum.

( This was after I had cleaned up the majority of them)

And so it began ... she was literally stuffing them into her mouth, three or four at a time. I knew that she liked blueberries, but I didn't realize that she LOVES blueberries. I think that in total, she consumed about 8 of them before I cut her off.

Caught in the act!

While the blueberries were definitely not as clean as I would have liked, they are organic and more safe than non-organic ones. I am a huge fan of organic foods, especially milk, fruits and vegetables. I also try to buy all natural meat for Sam as much as possible. Samantha has been raised on organic foods to this point and I hope to continue that as long as possible. While organic foods are a little more expensive to purchase, I truly believe that the rewards of having healthy food far outweigh the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...