Friday, March 19, 2010

16 Months Old

Samantha is 16 months old today. She is growing up so much lately and each day seems to bring about bigger changes in her. She is trying to actually say words now -- her favorite is "kitty." Her second favorite word is "this" and she says that while pointing ... as if asking, "what is this?" She loves to climb stairs (although she can only go UP the stairs; we have not mastered going DOWN the stairs yet -- we're working on that). She climbs on anything that she can, including my dining room chairs. I have to make a real effort now to keep the chairs pushed in toward the table as much as possible so that she is not tempted to climb on them.

Now that the weather has been nice for a few days, we have taken to having our lunch together on the deck. She loves it. We have been taking stoller walks and trips down to the mailbox a lot lately. She knows the word, "outside," and runs for the back door whenever I mention it. I think that this girl is going to love the outdoors world ...


Posing for a quick pic outside with Mommy's phone

1 comment:

  1. She os precious!!! I love that you read our blog. I am laughing at your talking about my voice...it is so country, I know! :)
    We are so glad to see who had been reading up north. We will link to you and you can link to us on your sidebar too. So glad we are bloggy buds!

    ReplyDelete

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...