Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Budding Engineer??

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a potty for Samantha. I don't plan to potty-train her for a while ... she's not ready for that yet. But, I thought that it would be a good idea for her to learn what a potty is and take an interest in sitting on it. I wanted her to associate it with the bathroom and maybe make the connection between Mommy's potty and Samantha's potty. (There is no privacy in this household anymore and she comes in the bathroom freely when I am using it; she actually came and sat on her potty when she saw me in there and then closed the door for her own privacy -- too cute for words!). I think that she understands more than I realize.

Today, I took the potty out of the bathroom as I was cleaning in there and she moved it to the middle of the living room. Before I knew what was happening, she had totally dismantled it and this was the picture that I took:


I think that she might have aspirations of being an engineer like her daddy. She can definitely take things apart quickly and loves to use her little fingers to poke and pick at small parts. All I can say is that she became more familiar with her potty today than I had planned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...