Tuesday, September 7, 2010


We are so excited to announce that Samantha is going to be a big sister at the end of Winter! Our families have known for about 6 weeks now, but I have waited to post the news on our blog until I felt that I was over the "scary part" and knew that the pregnancy was progressing as it should. I am officially 14 weeks pregnant now and am starting to feel much better ...

Like with Samantha, we have chosen to be surprised about the sex of the baby. To me, it is one of the biggest and best surprises in life and it made Samantha's birth even more special (if that is possible).

Our ultrasound is scheduled for October 7th, and I am excited to see this new little one on the screen, but the gender will be kept a secret from us. Most everything that we have left-over from Sam (with the exception of clothes) is gender-neutral, so we will be prepared either way.

14 weeks
Steve and I are so thrilled about this new addition to our family. We have told Samantha that she is going to be a big sister and while I know that she doesn't grasp that concept yet, she does seem to understand that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. I always ask her where Mommy's baby is and she immediately lifts my shirt and points to my belly button (which is starting to expand quickly these days). Sam is going to be such a big helper and I look forward to seeing how she will interact with her new baby brother or sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...