Monday, November 15, 2010

Samantha's New Trick


Sam has discovered that she can use anything sturdy (sometimes not too sturdy) to climb onto in order to obtain anything just out of her reach. These things include boxes, bowls (see picture above), and even some of her toys. It definitely keeps me on my toes! (She was eating a pretzel off the counter when I snapped that picture).
***************************************************************
An update on my pregnancy: I am almost 25 weeks along now and am feeling pretty good. I get tired every once in a while and it simply reminds me that I have over-done it and need a few minutes to relax (those moments are hard to get when you have a toddler and your husband is out of the country, though). At my check-up last week, it was discovered that the baby is "transverse," which means that he/she is sideways in my belly with its head below my heart and its feet on the right side of my body. This position is favorable for the baby, but means that I am experiencing A LOT of kicking (more so than I remember feeling with Samantha). It also explains why my belly is measuring larger than it should at this gestation stage.
I don't mind all of the extra kicking because it reminds me of the precious life that it growing inside of me, and gives added security to the health of the baby. This position also means that my risk of pre-term labor is minimized. My doctor predicts that the baby will stay in this position until about 32 weeks and then he/she will flip in order to prepare for labor later on.
I will go to the lab in a couple of weeks for my glucose tolerance test and then see the doctor again in December for my 28 week check-up. Time seems to be flying lately, and I have a feeling that it will continue to soar with the upcoming holidays. Before we know it, we will be welcoming a new addition ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...