Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sorting Clothes with My Helper

I am slowly starting to cross things off of my list entitled, "Things to Do Before the Baby Arrives." Of course, to be honest, as soon as I cross one thing off, it seems like I think of two more things to add to the list. But knowing me and how much I like a list, I can guarantee that everything WILL be done before our little one comes.

One of the things on the list was to sort through the baby clothes and try to group them based on "neutral clothing" or "girl clothing." Since we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl, I need to have all of the "neutral clothing" items grouped and ready by size. If this baby is a girl, we are fully prepared with all of the clothes that we have left-over from Sam.

I started this task this morning and my little helper was more than eager to join in the fun. She immediately thought that all of the clothes were for her baby doll and she set to work trying to dress the baby. She started with a hat:



Then she found the bibs. While Samantha hasn't worn a bib for a long time now, it really surprised me that she had no recollection about how to wear a bib or what it is for. She chose one for her baby doll (it happens to be the one that says, "My First Valentine's Day") and I helped her put it on. Then she proudly posed for a picture with her baby:



I am getting more and more excited each day to see how Sam is going to interact with her little brother or sister. In the beginning, I admit that I had some feelings of guilt because I worried that Sam would resent the time that I would need to spend with the baby (especially nursing), and that she would become jealous. Afterall, she is used to having me all to herself every day.

But, as the time draws closer and I see how much she LOVES babies and her dolls, those feelings that I had before are disappearing. Instead, I feel that she is going to be eager to please and want to help as much as possible. I am thinking of ways now that I can still spend special time with her and include her in activities, even when I am busy with the little one. It will be an adjustment for all of us here, but I am so looking forward to expanding our family and meeting this little one that I have had all to myself for the last 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...