Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Introducing ...



Sophia Marie Lapinski, born on February 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm. She was 20 inches long and an unbelievable 8 lbs. 4 oz. She is perfect in every way and we are so excited about this new addition to our family.

Both her and I were discharged from the hospital yesterday (Tuesday) and we are so happy to be home! I am recovering from the c-section -- it's definitely a different recovery compared to Samantha's birth. Nonetheless, the doctor assures me that I am recovering very well (quicker than most patients) and I am trying not to overdue things here, now that I am home.



Samantha was able to come up to the hospital the day after her little sister was born. This made me so happy since it was also my birthday and I could see my two little girls meet for the very first time. It was the best birthday present that I could have ever asked for. One thing is for sure: Sam loves her little sister and she has already nicknamed her, "Phia."

(I will post more pictures in the next couple of days, as most of the pictures are on a different camera and the USB cable for that camera is at Steve's work). I have no doubt that there will be a lot of pictures over the next couple of months ... and I will also be sure to share the whole birth story when I things slow down a little bit around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...