Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yesterday ...

... was a long day. Oh sure, I accomplished a lot. In fact, at one point in the morning, I vaguely remember calling Steve at work to tell him that I felt like a new, rejuvenated woman -- all because I took both girls with me inside the bank and to Meijers ... by myself. Yup, with Sophia in her car seat in the front of the cart and Sam in the main basket portion, we managed to pick out and purchase groceries with no breakdowns (from either me or the girls!) and every grocery item was unopened and undisturbed (which says a lot when you have a two-year old helper with you). Yup, that was in the morning ...

The afternoon (and evening) presented a whole new outlook. And to be blunt, that outlook was muddied up by poop and pee. Sophia didn't feel well (an upset stomach and change in her pooping pattern resulted in a major "clean-up on aisle 5" incident). The cupcakes that Sam and I were making and decorating were put on hold as we worked together to clean up the major mess and give Sophia a bath.

Then Sam had an accident of her own (at least Steve was here to assist). We have been trying to encourage frequent trips to the potty with Sam, but we didn't catch it this time and she was wearing "big girl panties." Oh well, accidents happen ...

At the end of all of this, when I finally laid my head down in bed (which was much later than I would have liked since Sophia was still battling the upset stomach and wasn't ready to settle down), I couldn't help but smile because of this:



That's our family of four. I know that some days are going to be longer than others. And then there are going to be days when I feel that everything is moving quicker than I would like and that my girls are growing up too fast. But at the end of those days, one thing will always remain the same -- I love our little family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...