Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Month Check-Up


Sophia went for her one month check-up yesterday. I was anxious to see how much she had grown since our last visit because I know that she is definitely eating well and looking much bigger to me ...

She now weighs 9 lbs, 5 oz (2 lbs more than she did when we went for her newborn visit one month ago!). That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight.

She is 22.5 inches long and that puts her in the 75th percentile for length. (I still don't know how my girls manage to be so long when their parents are definitely not very tall!).

The doctor was very impressed with how strong Sophia has become. When placed on her belly, she can very easily lift her head up and look around. She still flops her head a little when trying to sit her up, but I imagine that she will be holding her head up completely on her own within the next couple of weeks.

She has a some "baby acne" on her forehead which started appearing a couple of weeks ago. The doctor explained that this is normal (some impurities coming out at the surface) and this should clear itself up by the time Sophia is 2-3 months old.

All in all, it was a good check-up, and we will head back there in three weeks for her 2 month check-up. She will have to get shots then (I always hate that part -- what mother doesn't?), and we will see how much she continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...