Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Visit to the Orchard

Last weekend, we traveled out to the orchard so that Sam could visit my parents and to see the baby pigs that were born a couple of weeks ago. The whole way to the orchard, Sam kept saying, "baby pigs, baby pigs" from her seat in the back of the car. As soon as we got there, my dad took her out to meet them:


There was a lot of mud, but Sam managed to get a good look at them through the fence.


She even got to see some of the reindeer:



This was our first trip out to the orchard with Sophia (it has just been too cold to head out there any sooner than now), and this meant that we were able to introduce her to several of the people there. One such person was my Uncle Scott (Sophia's great-uncle):


This was also the first time that my Grandpa Koan was able to meet her (Sophia's great-grandpa):



Grandpa and the girls:



We look forward to many more visits out at the orchard when the weather warms up a little more. Samantha loves to go there and see my parents and all of the animals, of course. I am sure that Sophia will soon learn to love it as well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...