Monday, April 11, 2011

Warmer Weather Brings ...

... the need for outdoor toys and activities.

Steve did some online shopping last week and told me that he had purchased something for Samantha ... but wouldn't tell me what it was. Instead, every day last week when he got home from work, he would ask me if the package had arrived. He was so disappointed when Saturday rolled around and the package had not been delivered yet. Honestly, I was starting to think that he was MORE excited about this purchase than Sam might be.

I took the girls grocery shopping with me on Saturday morning while Steve stayed home to do some repair work on his truck. When we pulled in the driveway (after a pretty successful shopping trip -- Sam only managed to open two cartons of yogurt and a box of sandwich bags -- I consider this good), he greeted us with such excitement. I knew that the package must have arrived while we were gone.

And this is what it was:


We worked with Sam all weekend so that she can get the hang of using the pedals. We are very close to victory at this point ...



The warmer weather is much-welcomed here in this household. We are anxious to be able to go on more walks in our subdivision and down to the beach (we did go for a nice walk yesterday afternoon as a family of four). And I look forward to some afternoon picnics with the girls and maybe some nature walks with Sam.

In the meantime, we are filling our days with bubbles, another fun activity that Sam seems to really enjoy right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...