Friday, May 27, 2011

Gardening Girl

Our neighbor, Mr. Gerry, gave Samantha two little tomato plants. I decided to plant them in pots (it's too risky to plant them in the yard because of the deer) and put them on our back deck for Samantha to see and take care of. Today, she helped me to plant them.


I taught her how to handle the delicate plants:


And how important it is to pack the soil down tightly around the plant:


Lastly, she used her special watering can to water the plants:


And here she is with her plants right before I took them outside to set on our back deck:


Samantha loves tomatoes SO much that I am hoping for the best with these plants. If all else fails, we know that Grandpa planted a few extra plants for us and he will keep us well-supplied this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...