Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sophia is Three Months Old



Sophia is three months old today! I can't believe how easily she has fit right into our family; it's almost like she has always been here. She brings so much joy into our lives -- we love to watch her grow and change every day ... and we especially love watching the interaction between her and her big sister.

** I don't have any stats on her weight or length this month because we don't go back to her doctor until she is 4 months old. I can definitely say though that she is continuing to grow A LOT because her "3-6 month" sleepers with feet in them are starting to be a little tight on her. (This is because she is SO long).

** We officially moved her into her own room upstairs about 2 weeks ago. She is sleeping through the night (approximately 10 hours) now and very little seems to disturb her (especially the herd of elephants her sister that stampedes by her room every morning).

** Sophia will smile and coo at ANYONE. She is so friendly and such an easy-going baby. She rarely cries; only when she needs something.

** She is getting better and better at "tummy-time." She kicks off (like a little frog) when she is put on her belly and I was almost convinced that she was going to roll over on her own last night. I think that that momentous event will take place soon ...




** She rarely has a bottle, but when she does, she takes it like a champ. She's an excellent eater (as evidenced by her ability to gain weight and inches!).

** Sam has started interacting more with Sophia these days. She likes to give her toys and talk to her while she is on her playmat. Sam is so quick to retrieve anything that I ask her to get for me ... especially Sophia's bumbo seat or blanket. She asks to hold her all of the time and she does it so carefully that I almost forget that she is only 2 1/2.



We seem to have settled into a nice routine around here. I really enjoy my days with the girls (even though I have been cleaning up WAY TOO MANY bodily fluids for one person to handle lately). With the nicer weather, it's getting easier for me to take the girls places on my own. There is still a lot of preparation that takes place before we can even leave our driveway, but I'm getting good at it. I'm a good multi-tasker and that comes in handy ...

The next month will be busy around here with upcoming celebrations and Steve's travel trips. Oh, and I am going back to work for the summer (after having a month off between the Spring and Summer semesters). We'll be juggling lots of events, but that also means lots of pictures and updates on our growing girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...