Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

What a wonderful weekend we had! The weather was beautiful, which meant that we got to spend some quality time outside, and we also got to spend time with family. My brother, Zach, came over for a visit on Saturday afternoon and Sam was SO excited about the gifts that he brought for her (some sunglasses and new flip-flops for summer). The new flip-slops already resulted in a skinned knee ... the first of many more to come this summer, I am sure.

Later that afternoon, we met up with Steve's parents to celebrate the holiday. We had an early dinner and then headed back to their house ...



... but not before Sam spent a little bit of time playing arcade games.



While we were at their house, "Grandma's Little Love Bug" got some extra attention from Grandma.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Steve made breakfast for all of us while I opened my cards (I even got a special card from our cats, Mia and Watson). Then we got dressed and headed to church.


I couldn't resist getting a picture with just my two girls and me. I love them dearly ...


After church, we went to the local greenhouse to look at flowers and shubbery for our house. Sam loved running around looking at and smelling all of the flowers. Sophia slept most of the time in her carseat, but it was so nice to just get out and enjoy the weather.





The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home, watching the Tigers play baseball. We also managed to fit a little walk down to the park in there. All in all, it was the perfect way to spend my Mother's Day!

(Note: We will be celebrating Mother's Day with MY mom later this week).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...