Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun With Pancakes

Samantha asked for pancakes this morning for breakfast, but our tight schedule in the morning did not allow for it. After explaining this to her, I made a promise that we could have pancakes for breakfast next time.

As the day progressed and I realized that I didn't have much planned for our dinner (Steve is still out of the country), I asked Sam if she would like to do something different and have "breakfast" for dinner -- complete with "special" pancakes! I received a resounding, "YES!" from her.

Our "special" pancakes were colored and she got to choose and help with the shapes.







She even helped me flip the pancakes:




Then, for even more fun, we made her name with the pancake batter:




Sophia just supervised:




Sam could hardly wait to eat her dinner ... er, I mean breakfast. Now, I just need to make her realize that this was a privilege and we won't always be making "special" pancakes. Only every once in a while ...




** Oh, and everytime that I ask her if Sophia can eat _________ (insert food item here), she always says, "No, she too little. When she get bigger, she have teeth." Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...