Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sophia is Five Months Old


Sophia is five months old today and is growing up so quickly. She really is such a happy baby and has been such a joy to "love on" every minute that I can!

Since we don't go back to the doctor until next month (when she turns 6 months old), I don't have any stats on her weight and length at this time. I do know that she is definitely growing because she has now outgrown most of her 6 month clothes.

-- She is going through a little phase right now where she is easily startled. Loud, abrupt noises and unfamiliar faces seem to set her off and she starts to cry uncontrollably. This is just a phase and will pass soon.

-- She doesn't like to be left alone in a room for any period of time. She must be able to see someone (anyone) at all times.

-- She loves her bouncy seat (as long as she can see someone) and pretty soon, I am going to see if she likes some of the bouncers that we have where she can push off with her feet. She's incredibly strong and will put all of her weight down if you balance her upper half.

-- She typically goes down for bed between 8:30-9:00 pm and will sleep until about 6:30 am, when she is ready to nurse again. She loves to sleep on her left side and sometimes I find her on her belly in the morning when I go to get her out of her crib.

-- She continues to roll all.of.the.time, and she pushes off with her feet to try to get somewhere. With very efficient scooting motion, while laying on her back, she has been known to move a few feet from her initial position on the floor. By no means is this crawling; she is just very strong with her legs and very determined.

-- She loves to hear her voice. Sometimes, in an attempt to get my attention, she get louder and louder. It makes me laugh.

-- She never runs out of smiles. And she's ticklish. I don't think that I could ever get tired of hearing her laugh!

-- She continues to drool A LOT, so in almost every photo, she is wearing a bib. She must soak at least 10-12 bibs a day. She also sticks her whole fist in her mouth quite often and her fingers are continuously wet with drool. This is just her way of exploring the world; I don't think that she is going to cut teeth anytime soon.

I am excited about the next couple of months because she will begin on solid food when she turns six months old. I look forward to making all of her baby food myself, just as I did with Samantha. It is such a fun time to watch as babies try new and different foods and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...