Friday, July 29, 2011

Samantha's Favorites


I decided to ask Samantha a series of questions and record her answers exactly as she said them. I plan to do this periodically with her (and Sophia once she is older and can talk!) just to see how the answers change with time. When I asked her these questions, she did not hesitate on any of her answers; it was like a real, live interview and she took her role very seriously. Some of the answers even surprised me.


What is your name: Samantha La"pink"ski (she used to always skip the "la" at the front of our last name; now she says that and adds an extra "k" in the middle)

How old are you: Two and half

Who is your best friend: Kiera and Syndey, Jennifer is Momma's best friend (She is right -- Jennifer is my best friend from grade school and her two girls are Kiera and Sydney)

What is your favorite color: Green (always has been and probably always will be)

What is your favorite animal: Zebra (I didn't know this)

What is your favorite movie: Big Bird's Bedtime (This was her answer without any hesitation. We haven't watched this movie in a LONG time, but it was always her favorite when she was a baby).

What is your favorite book: Duck Soup (yeah, we read that one A LOT)

What is your favorite song: Twinkle Little Star (and then she broke into song ...)

What is your favorite toy: My toy box (that encompasses a lot of toys, I guess)

What is your favorite food: blueberries (she does love them, but I was surprised that that was her one choice)

What makes you happy: Watson (one of our cats)

What makes you sad: Daddy go to work


The last question broke my heart. Daddy has had to travel a lot this summer because of his job and that's really hard on a toddler that is a definite "Daddy's girl." He came home from Mexico late on Wednesday and spent the day at home with us yesterday. He went into work this morning though and I am hoping that the reason that Sam replied that that is what makes her sad is just because he wasn't here with us this morning.

She is growing up so fast! There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't say something that just cracks me up. She is starting to use more adjectives lately to describe things and I often find her copying some of our phrases that she has heard us use. She eavesdrops on conversations (so I need to be really careful), and she often asks who was on the phone when I get done talking to someone. She is incredibly polite and reminds me often, "I not shy, Momma." No, she isn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...