Saturday, July 16, 2011

Samantha's First Ice Cream Cone

Samantha had her first ice cream cone today! While she has had ice cream before, it has always been in a bowl using a spoon. This week, while I was buying groceries, I spied the ice cream cones and decided that I would purchase a box and surprise her. Without telling her ahead of time, I casually asked her after dinner tonight if she would like to have an ice cream cone. She could hardly control her excitement! She chose strawberry ice cream and we headed outside to indulge.


She did better than I thought; there was minimal mess and she used her tongue like a champ. And when she bit into the cone, she told me that it was "delicious."

Of course, Little Sister came outside with us, but it will be a while before she can have any ice cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...