Saturday, August 13, 2011

Picking Peaches

Yesterday, I took the girls out to the orchard to pick some peaches. Sam was so excited to do this, and I had hoped that Sophia could also partake, but we had a couple of obstacles. First, the mosquitos were so bad down in the orchard that we had to hurry to get our peaches. Secondly, Sophia was starting to develop a cold (which has now turned into coughing, wheezing and a runny nose this morning), so she wasn't really feeling like her usual happy self.

Nonetheless, I was able to get some pictures of the girls and we have a nice half bushel of peaches that are ripening in my kitchen as we speak. I plan to make a cobbler and a pie and then start getting some baby food ahead for Sophia in the freezer, starting with the peaches.


Before we left for the orchard:



Once we got there, we found that some of the branches were low:



And some of the branches were high:



No matter what, Sam always managed to get a peach:



Sophia paused for a quick picture (no smiles, but my little girl wasn't feeling well ...):



Getting ready to head back up to the storehouse with her peaches:



But, first, she couldn't resist tasting one of them!



I was so proud of my girls:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...