Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Sister's Birthday

Saturday was my sister's birthday and Sam had been excited all week to celebrate with her. I would dial Aunt Minnie's phone number and Sam would leave voice mail messages for her, reminding her how many days she had until her birthday.

Sam picked out the birthday plates and napkins for her (she chose Hello Kitty), and we decorated with balloons before Aunt Minnie came over to our house. But perhaps the most special thing for Sam was that she found a cheap, plastic microphone at the store the day before Aunt Minnie's birthday, and was INSISTENT that I needed to buy it for her so that she could sing "happy birthday" to Aunt Minnie with it. How could I resist??!!


Posing before the party (and yet another picture of Sophia just staring at her sister in awe):



A birthday kiss for the birthday girl (and yes, we made her wear the princess crown):



Singing "happy birthday" with the infamous microphone:



Blowing out the candles (I love the look on Sophia's face):



Priceless:



Happy birthday, Aunt Minnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...