Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sophia and Her Food

Sophia loves food! There isn't a single food that I have made for her that she won't eat, and she has become such an expert at eating with a spoon. We had to work with her, at first, to keep her fingers out of her mouth while we were feeding her. Now, she is a pro and often cries when I give her the sign that we are "all done!" We still keep a cloth handy, but she makes very little mess now and the clean-up is minimal.



Sometimes, I have a "helper, and while I am grateful for the assistance, I don't always enjoy cleaning up more messes!



As a snack to keep Sophia occupied while I am preparing her food, I often give her some "puffs." My "helper" will usually help her sister with them, but just recently, Sophia has started doing it by herself!





So far, she has had apples, peaches, pears, peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, plums, avocados and a taste of strawberries. I will begin with carrots this week.

I am continuing to make all of the baby food by myself and it is completely organic. While I realize that it won't always be possible to feed her organic foods as she starts to get older, it is important to me that her first tastes of solid food are completely chemical-free. When she starts with cow's milk (at one year of age), that will ALWAYS be organic; this is just something that I feel very strongly about. I did the same thing with Samantha and do not have one single regret; I love knowing that all of the food that she eats is being prepared fresh, without preservatives, and with all of the nutrients that she can possibly get. It is one of the best gifts that I can give her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...