Monday, February 20, 2012

Early Birthday Celebration

As I have mentioned, the end of February is filled with birthday celebrations in our immediate household. Steve's birthday is on the 25th, Sophia's birthday is on the 26th, and then my birthday is on the 27th. Yes, they are all back-to-back-to-back.

When Steve and I were first dating, we laughed about how close our birthdays were to one another; after all, what were the chances that we would both have February birthdays, with one day in between?? And it wasn't long before we became accustomed to celebrating them jointly with our families.

Then last year, as we got closer to the birth of our second child, it became more clear that the baby would be born via c-section ... and it would be at the end of February! After much debate, we chose the baby's birth day -- the day in between our birthdays. That way, the baby would always have its own special day.

We will be celebrating Sophia's 1st birthday this coming weekend on her actual birthday with our families. So, we chose to celebrate Steve and my birthdays together with his family this last weekend ...

(The camera wasn't on the correct setting for some of the pictures, so a few of them are a little blurry. I still wanted to be sure to document them though!)

Opening gifts with my two helpers:



Steve had a helper too:



Sophia was very excited about my new pie dish from my sister-in-law:



My girl and me:



Such a serious gift-opener:



Getting ready to blow out the candles on Steve's cake:



Blowing out the candles on my cake (with Sophia digging in!):



Sam was in heaven -- all she talked about that day was being able to have pizza and cake:



Even Sophia was anxious for cake:



We'll still celebrate our birthdays in a small way here at our house this week. It's really important to Samantha that we have cake ... and candles ... and sing happy birthday. She's has already volunteered (a hundred times) to help all of us with opening gifts and blowing out our candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...