Monday, April 23, 2012

A Girl and Her Fishing Pole

Steve bought Samantha a fishing pole a few weeks ago, and ever since then, she has been actively practicing her casting and reeling every chance that she gets. I think that she has gotten pretty good at it ...

Yesterday, Steve announced that they were going to go buy some worms. I figured that some real fishing would be taking place in the near future, and I was right. They even dug up a few from the ground before they took off down the road to fish in the lake.



Together, they managed to catch a few blue gills. I guess that Sam even touched one of them (and then told me all about its gills when she came home).




Yup, she was one proud little girl:




They weren't gone for too long; it was pretty windy and cold outside yesterday. But, with the excitement that she came home with afterwards, I have a stong suspicion that there will be a lot of fishing this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...