Friday, April 20, 2012

Samantha's First Haircut

I've never cut/trimmed Samantha's hair ... in 3 1/2 years. Part of the reason is that it isn't very long, and the other part is that with her curls, there isn't a real need to keep the ends all trimmed up as nicely; they just curl up anyway.

Well, I decided today that I was going to get my own hair trimmed, and I thought that it would be a good time to take Sam with me and get her ends trimmed up. If nothing else, it would make her hair a little healthier and give us a little special one-on-one time today.

I prepped her for the whole scenario -- the stylist, the scissors, etc. She was very excited to go, but made sure that I knew that she wanted me to go first. She did great!

Sitting in the chair while her stylist, Cathy, removed the barrette that she was wearing:



All ready to begin:



In mid-trim:



When Cathy was all done trimming the ends, I nearly fell over in disbelief when Samantha asked Cathy if she could blow-dry her hair.

You see, Sam has a breakdown whenever I try to run the vacuum or whenever she hears her daddy using the leaf blower. She has made it abundantly clear that she doesn't like loud noises; and I would consider a blowdryer to fall in that category. Nonetheless, my girl let Cathy use the blowdryer on her!



Sure, she closed her eyes during the whole experience ... but maybe that was for relaxation purposes. I don't know.



All done!



Not a huge change by any means. But her hair is softer already and the curls seem to all bob at the same length. I am very pleased. And Sam was even more pleased when she overheard Cathy ask me if Sam could have a sucker.



Amd finally, one last picture, taken after we arrived home and got to show Grammy (and Sophia) the new 'do!



And now I am off to record this momentous day in Samantha's baby book. Yup, I've been waiting for 3 1/2 years to do that. And somehow, I think that it may be even longer for Sophia's first haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...