Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sophia's 15 Month Doctor's Appointment


On Tuesday, I took the girls to Sophia's 15 month doctor's appointment.  Samantha LOVES Dr. Shoemaker (and managed to talk her ear right off), but Sophia is still quite leary of her.  She doesn't want the doctor to touch her or even look at her.  Needless to say, I was covered in tears, snot and drool by the time we left the appointment simply because Sophia spent much of it crawling up the front of me and burying her head in crook of my neck.  In time, I know that she will learn to love Dr. Shoemaker just as much as Sam and I do.

The good news is that Sophia has gained a good chunk of weight.  (She has never really lost weight, except at birth; she has just been slower to gain than most infants).  She officially moved from the < 2 percentile in weight to the 5th percentile.  She weighs 19 lbs. 5 oz. now (a gain of 2.5 lbs in three months) and has grown 3 inches!  She is long (75th percentile) and thin ...

She did have to get one shot, and that just added to the overall frustration that she was feeling.  But, she doesn't have to get any next time!  She crashed on the way home and then rested a little longer in her crib.  In a few days, she'll be feeling better -- it always seems to make my girls a little fussy for about two days post-immunizations.

I'm so thankful for my healthy and happy girls!

Note:  Tonight, while wrestling with Sophia on the floor, I discovered that she has a molar that has broken through on her top left side.  I then stuck my finger in her mouth to feel for any others (she HATES it when I do that), and much to my surprise/amazement, she actually has a total of 4 molars that have all broken through in the last couple of days!!!!  She has one on each side, top and bottom.  No wonder she has been so irritable!  My poor little girl ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...