Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Girl and Her Pig

Once a week, I head out to the orchard with the girls so that I can do a little bit of accounting "orchard work."  My mom watches the girls close-by while I spend some time handling the bills and payroll.  This is something that I have been doing for the last year now.  Sam really looks forward to Tuesdays (the day that I usually go) because she loves spending time there.

This week was really special because a new litter of baby pigs had been born and Sam was counting on being able to see them (and maybe hold one of them).  When we woke up to torrential rains on Tuesday morning, I feared that our plans had been foiled.

My mom and I knew that Samantha would be SO disappointed, so we made arrangements with my dad that they would go out to the barn together (in the rain) ... and bring one of the little pigs up to the store for Sophia to be able to see it also.




Sam claimed that the baby pig "was so heavy," but she was in 'hog heaven' holding it:



And Sophia even reached out to touch the little pig:



It was such a memorable experience for both of the girls ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...