Monday, September 10, 2012

Samantha's First Day of Preschool

Today was Samantha's first day of preschool.  She had been counting down the days, and the excitement was definitely bubbling. 

The night before, we set out her backpack, light jacket and her shoes.



Then, we laid out her clothes so that she would be able to put them on as soon as she got up in the morning.  The morning went very smoothly -- everything went right on schedule.


Posing for the obligatory "first day of school photo:"



Taking a moment to pose with me; everyone says that she is my little "twin."



And here is Sophia, the "not-so-happy camper" because I had to wake her up a little earlier than normal this morning:


Steve went with us to take Sam to school this morning.  It worked out pretty well that he was able to do that (and I think that it started Sam's day off so nicely to have him here).  Normally, it would just be Sophia and myself taking her to school, but Steve was leaving on an afternoon flight to Mexico so he was with us in the morning.

Sam in her classroom, completely adjusted and at ease:



Having a tea party:



Three hours later, Sophia and I went to pick up our preschooler.  Samantha had the best time at school this morning, and was in such happy spirits when I picked her up.  She gave me a detailed run-down of every event, including exactly what they had for their snack (juice box and vegetables -- "Just celery and carrots for me, Mom.  I didn't care for any broccoli.")

Then, as soon as we walked in the back door, she pulled all of her papers out of her backpack to show me.  I asked her to pose for a picture ... and guess who wanted to be in there with her big sister? 

Sam said, "It's ok, Mom.  I want her to be in the picture."

Melt my heart.


She already worked on the letter "a" today -- writing it and knowing that it is a "vowel."  So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...