Saturday, September 29, 2012

Edible Acorns

The girls and I did a fun project together in honor of the Fall season now being upon us.  We made edible acorns!  I saw this idea online and knew instantly that it would be something that each one of the girls could do together with me.

We set everything out in bowls in preparation for our project:



Then the girls set to work unwrapping all of the Hershey's Kisses:



Sophia took her role very seriously:



And she understood completely that she needed to put the kisses in the bowl once she was done unwrapping them:



Once the kisses were all unwrapped, Sam helped me to assemble the acorns.  We used a Hershey kiss for the base, a mini Nilla wafer for the cap and a butterscotch chip for the very top.  I just used melted candy between the layers to hold them together.



Lining them all up (and counting them) while the layers dried:



Perfection:



On display:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...