Sunday, September 9, 2012

Forever Friends


When Sophia was born, my hope (like any other mother) was that the transition for Samantha would go smoothly.  We spent a lot of time preparing her for the birth of her sibling (we didn't know if the baby was a boy or girl), and I honestly expected that there would be jealousy at some point, especially because I would be nursing the baby and wouldn't be able to meet all of Samantha's needs as regularly as she was accustomed to having.

When the doctor pulled Sophia out, and Steve told me that it was a girl, I cried tears of happiness ... Samantha would have a sister

Any reservations that I had didn't matter.  They have loved each other from the beginning.  And watching them today, well, I just know that they will be "forever friends." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...