Thursday, October 18, 2012

Family Wedding

Last weekend, we attended my cousin's wedding in Howell.  The girls were so excited to wear their dresses to the big event!

The ceremony took place outside, under a covered pavilion, but the rain and wind kept blowing in from the sides.  Luckily, we were far enough in that none of us got wet! 

The girls each wanted to sit next to my mom during the ceremony:



We then headed to a beautifully decorated ballroom to enjoy appetizers before dinner.  I tried to get a few pictures at that time, but the girls were anxious to be able to move around and explore the place.  They did cooperate for a few obligatory photos, though.



The girls weren't looking at the camera, but I decided that I would take what I could get!



Sam posing with Alyssa, my brother's girlfriend.  (Afterwards, I noticed that the chandelier behind her gives the illusion that she is wearing a crown!):



Sam and Levi are second cousins.  Levi is 8 months older than her and they get along so nicely.  In fact, the two of them spent much of the evening out on the dancefloor, chasing each other around.




Speasking of dancing, this little cutie was showing off some of her moves to me:



The three of them, just having a great time:



Sophia spent some time on the sidelines of the dance floor, just hanging with her daddy:



Sam, dancing with her daddy:



Steve and me:



We left around 8:45 pm because it was a little bit of a drive home for us and the girls were starting to get a tad bit tired.  We changed them out of their dresses and into the pajamas that I had packed for them so that they would be all ready for bed by the time we got home.  Both Steve and I were surprised that neither one of the girls really fell asleep on the way home (Sam snoozed for the last 5 minutes or so), but they definitely fell asleep quickly after we tucked them in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...