Sunday, October 14, 2012

Samantha's First Field Trip

Samantha's pre-school class took their first field trip this week.  They don't actually do too many of these, so Samantha was really excited about it.  I left Sophia home with my mom (siblings aren't allowed to attend), and just Samantha and I headed out to Andy T's -- a pumpkin patch about 40 minutes north of here.

It was a VERY cold morning (only about 40 degrees outside), so we dressed in layers ... knowing that the hayride would make us even more cold.  We stayed pretty warm, but I was thankful to be back in the warmth of our car when the festivities were over.

Shortly after we arrived, we were treated to cider and donuts.  Sam wanted to be sure to sit next to her friend, Aleah.



Sam found a bale of straw and posed for me (without me even asking!  It's like the girl just knows that this Momma goes a little crazy with photos!).




Lots and lots of pumpkins!



Sam was pretty fascinated with these large pumpkins!




I think that these girls are going to be pretty good friends:



Half-way through our wagon ride, out driver (Andy T, himself) stopped and informed the kids that they would be able to pick out three things from the field: a gourd, a pumpkin and an ear of Indian Corn.

Choosing her pumpkin:



Searching among the cornstalks to find the perfect ear of Indian Corn:



She found it!



Posing with Momma:




It was a fun field trip, and I am so glad that we got to do this (even if I did secretly wish that it was a tad bit warmer).  We set out her collection of goods (the gourd, pumpkin and Indian Corn) and made a beautiful display by our front door.  Now we are all ready for Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...