Monday, January 7, 2013

"The Shelf"

For a while now, I have wanted to get some sort of shelving unit for Samantha's room; one that would discretely store a lot of her various toys, dolls, blocks, etc.  Up until now, these things had been scattered throughout the room in varying baskets, totes, and even a laundry basket. 

Once I found what I had in mind (and it was on sale), we set out on a mission to secure the shelving unit, along with some fabric baskets to use in the cubicles.  It turned out to be a little bit more involved than I anticipated because I had to send Steve to a different store in order to get a white unit, like I had in mind.  But, it was worth the wait of a few extra days ...

The girls were so happy to be able to "help" their daddy put it together this morning (and I was eager to restore some order to Sam's room, as well).

Getting all of the shelves in order:



Helping to put the wooden dowels in place:



After a few minutes, Sophia realized that it was a little more fun to play with the Potato Head family over in the corner:



Sam, on the other hand, was still very involved in the project:



Once the shelving unit was completely assembled, the girls piled up onto Samantha's bed, which was filled with stuffed animals from around the room, so that I could vacuum the surrounding area.  Her room was in definite need a thorough vacuuming and this was the perfect excuse.  The girls despise the vacuum and stayed clear of it while I completed the task.




After the room was vacuumed, the girls joined in and helped to put the fabric bins in place:



And, the final masterpiece:


It is such a nice addition to the room -- it's both functional and pleasing to the eye (because it goes along with the colors of her room so nicely).  The whole time that we were putting it together, Samantha kept saying, "My shelf is so fantastic, don't you think, Momma?"  Or, "Don't you just love my new shelf, Daddy?" 

Yes.  Yes, we do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...