Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baby # 3 - Ultrasound



I had my 20-week ultrasound for Baby #3 on Monday.  I always seem to go to these appointments with a lump in my throat, filled with apprehension and hoping that all is healthy and well with the Little One.  For me, I always choose to be surprised on the gender of the baby.  It is just so much more magical and special to me to find out what my little baby is on the day that he/she is born and placed in my arms. 

It happens everytime -- I shed a few tears watching as this little being (weighing 3/4 pound right now) bounces happily across the screen, showing all of its beautifully and perfectly formed parts.  This time was no different -- Baby #3 is perfect in every way.  Ten fingers and ten toes, four chambers to the heart, no swelling in the brain, etc. 

The biggest news came from the size measurements of the baby that I have affectionately deemed my "Little One" from the beginning.  This baby is measuring on the large side -- the 87th percentile, to be exact.  That means that if I were to go to term, this baby would be around 8 lbs, 10 oz.  For a small person like me, that is a HUGE baby. 

I will be having a repeat c-section this time around and the size of the baby affirms that my risk of any kind of pre-term birth on my own is minimal.  This baby will never be able to drop down into my birth canal.  My scar tissue from the last c-section has thickened quite a bit (which is a good thing) so we also don't have to worry about that rupturing.

So, for now ... when the month of May arrives, we will talk about our delivery options with the doctor and determine when we will get to meet our newest bundle of joy.  It might be a little sooner than I originally thought depending on my comfort level. 

In the meantime, I continue to be in awe over this little profile picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...