Monday, April 8, 2013

Bye, Bye Diapers!

It's official now.  Sophia no longer wears diapers! 

She has not had a single "accident" for over two weeks now, even during naps or all night long.  I was still putting a diaper on her during those times -- just in case -- and every single time, she would wake up completely clean.  I found myself re-using those diapers (just because I didn't want to waste them), and finally decided that we would begin "chancing" things.  After all, she has had a plastic mattress cover on her bed this whole time.  Sure enough, even with just panties on, we had complete success.

So on Friday, much like I did with Samantha, we had a little celebration and I took pictures of her packing away her diapers so that we could save them for the "new baby."  She completely understood the concept and we have made a real point to share the news with our family over the phone, just to further emphasize the significance of this milestone.




She took the diapers out of her drawer all on her own:



And then packed them away:



Yes, she was SO proud:



Holding all of her panties to show that she is a "big girl" now:



I'm not sure who is more excited about this milestone -- her, me or Samantha.  Her big sister has been so encouraging and so helpful during this whole process (partly because both girls get a fruit snack reward for #2 successes!).  But for me, I am especially grateful that she is 100% trained before our new little one has joined our family.  It was not my intention to have that happen (although I had hoped) because we weren't able to reach that point with Samantha before Sophia was born and it worked out just fine.  But when Sophia started showing signs of readiness two months ago, I went with it.  And here we are ... Diaper-free in this household for a couple of months!

Yay, Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...