Thursday, June 20, 2013

Father's Day 2013

As the girls are getting older and understanding the meaning of holidays more and more, I try to involve them in as many details as possible.  They are thrilled with decorating envelopes, and Samantha is in charge of signing all cards.  Wrapping paper and bows are a big deal to them (and me too).  And the concept of a secret (i.e. not telling Daddy what his gifts are ahead of time) has been quite successful so far.

For almost an hour, the girls worked with me behind my closed bedroom door, cutting, taping, coloring and putting together Steve's Father's Day gifts.  each girl was assigned a special task and they took their roles quite seriously.  In the end, I couldn't be any more happy with the jobs that they did. 

 

The girls take such pride in pointing out all of the details, right down to the stickers that they chose to decorate the envelopes.

 
 
And we all know that one of the favorite things about holidays is opening presents.  Steve is always so gracious to let the girls help him ...
 



 A camouflage gift bag ... Steve's favorite!



This was a project that the girls and I worked on together.  I had seen the idea online and knew that it would be perfect for our family of three kids.  The girls happily posed with their respective letters out by my rose bush, but Jack was a definitely a difficult subject to photograph -- mainly because he can't sit up on his own yet, of course.  And he's not as tall as the girls for the sake of proportionality.  And he couldn't hold his own letter (much less hold up his own head).  And the shadows from the sun were giving me trouble.  But, we made it work!



And not only did I think that it turned out cute ... Check out the excitement on the girls' faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...