Friday, September 27, 2013

End of the Week Randoms

On Labor Day weekend, our subdivision hosted a little shindig down at the park/beach.  There was music, lemonade, popcorn and glow-sticks for the kids.  We decided to partake, loading the kids in the wagon and stroller and making our way down there.  We had no idea how long we would stay, but it was worth checking out.


Ready to dive into her bag of popcorn:



Genuine happiness:



I LOVE this picture of the girls just sitting by the bonfire. 


 
This girl has yet to master the art of eating a cupcake without getting frosting all over her face!


Jack held out as long as he possibly could (it was pushing 9 pm) before I headed back home with him.  Steve stayed a little longer with the girls and they really appreciated it.  It was one last hurrah before the summer was over.


********************

This girl is growing up so fast!  Sometimes I just look at her and wonder where the time is going.  She's been talking in full sentences for quite some time and has been potty-trained since she was 2.  Maybe that's why she seems so much older.  Regardless, I signed her up for pre-school in the Fall next year.  We are hoping that Mrs. Hicks is still running the Teddy Bear Den (we were so pleased with Samantha's growth and development in the year that she attended), and I wanted to make sure that we got Sophia enrolled in time.



*******************

The girls have been liking to take a shower lately and I really don't mind.  In fact, a shower is much quicker and much easier for me.  But, occasionally, the girls still ask for a bath -- with bubbles. 

When I was teaching last week, Steve let the girls take a bath in my tub and he made sure that there were TONS of bubbles for them!  They loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...