Friday, October 4, 2013

Picking Gourds

Earlier this summer, Steve planted a few gourd plants from seed in my front flower bed.  I wasn't really too excited about his little plan because I envisioned the long vines taking over the entire landscaping at the front of my house.  And I was right. 

But, the girls were so excited to watch their "little pumpkins" turn from bright, blooming yellow flowers into actual gourds.  And those long vines actually produced a fair number of offspring -- at least 10 gourds were finally ready to be picked and displayed as decoration for the Fall season.



Samantha was a natural.  She applied just the right amount of torque to free the gourds from the vine.   



It wasn't long before Sophia was involving Jack in the activity. It's just in her nature to always include him.



The girls have such love for their little brother.  And I couldn't be any happier.



He's going to one protected little man ...



My little trio.



Jack is the happiest outside in nature.  The grass didn't faze him one bit ...



Those cheeks just crack me up!  (They say that the camera adds 10 pounds ... I think that all 10 pounds of "camera weight" go directly to his cheeks!)



Fall is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...